Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

To write, perchance something coherent

The hardest part, for me at least, of keeping a blog is coming up with topics to write about. I like my privacy and would prefer to keep vast portions of myself to myself and not out there on the intertubes--though sometimes I've given thought to creating a second blog, random and anonymous, to write about my dark side. To those who have already thought it, no, this isn't my dark side.

Perhaps I could write about my job, which I actually like even if it can be a pain in the ass every now and again. Haven't done that in a while, but with a new and better boss, life is far less frustrating with even fewer topics for blogger fodder. No, I wont' write about that. Maybe I could write about the near total lack of driving skills at my daughter's school and generally in town. But I've written about that more than once on the blog, so one more entry would just be whining about something I have no control over--not without an M1A1 tank, that is. No, I won't write about that.

Maybe I could write my observations on politics, and how Karen Handel handily beat Nathan Deal in the GOP primary for governor, only to lose to him in the runoff election, and how that sends a message to women across the state that you're good enough to be secretaries (of State, of Education), but not governor. No, I won't write about that.

Quick, somebody throw me a topic! Oh, wait, I've got one! You can still offer up topics if you want to. I'll try to write something on it, even if I have to embellish things. Hey, if embellishing is good enough for the NY Times and the Washington Times, it's good enough for my blog.

Notice I just wrote on the topic of not having a topic. I'm a friggin' genius!

No comments: